Booking for : Tbilisi-Mtskheta






Tbilisi-Mtskheta

Tour Details

Old Tbilisi

The district is located on the both sides of the Kura River and is dominated by Mount Mtatsminda, Narikala fortress and the Kartlis Deda monument. It chiefly represents a 19th-century urban fabric with largely eclectic architecture which includes the buildings and structures from the 5th to the 20th century. However, most of the pre-19th century city did not survive due to the devastating Persian invasion of 1795. The district houses a bulk of the tourist attractions in Tbilisi, including churches, museums, sulphur bathhouses, and peculiar wooden houses with open, carved balconies. In the 19th century, the core territory of the modern-day district of Old Tbilisi was tentatively subdivided into ethnic neighborhoods such as Avlabari with its Armenian and Georgian quarters, Alexanderdorf German quarter on the left bank of the Kura River and the Persian Quarter (Said-Abad) on the right bank of the Kura River.

Mtskheta

Mtskheta (Georgian: მცხეთა [mtsʰxɛtʰɑ]) is a city in Mtskheta-Mtianeti province of Georgia. One of the oldest cities of Georgia, it is located approximately 20 kilometres (12 miles) north of Tbilisi at the confluence of the Aragvi river. Due to its historical significance and several cultural monuments, the “Historical Monuments of Mtskheta” became a UNESCOWorld Heritage Site in 1994. As the birthplace and one of the most vibrant centers of Christianity in Georgia, Mtskheta was declared as the “Holy City” by the Georgian Orthodox Church in 2014.

Why you choose this package!

  • Historical monuments
  • pleasant environment
  • beautiful nature
photo

1 Day,OLD TBILISI - MTSKHETA

Our company gives you a chance to visit historical places in old Tbilisi and Mtskheta. Hurry up !!!
photo

TBILISI-Metechi church

Metekhi is a historic neighborhood of Tbilisi, Georgia, located on the elevated cliff that overlooks the Mtkvari river. The neighborhood is home to the eponymous Metekhi Church of Assumption.
photo

Abanotubani district

Abanotubani is the ancient district of Tbilisi, Georgia, known for its sulfuric baths. Located at the eastern bank of the Mtkvari River at the foot of Narikala fort across Metekhisubani, Abanotubani is an important historic part of the city — the place, where according to a legend the King of Iberia, Vakhtang Gorgasali’s falcon fell, leading to a discovery of the hot springs and, subsequently, to founding of a new capital.
photo

National Botanical Garden

Its history spans more than three centuries. It was first described, in 1671, by the French traveler Jean Chardin as royal gardens which might have been founded at least in 1625 and were variably referred to as "fortress gardens" or "Seidabad gardens" later in history. The gardens appear in the records by Joseph Pitton de Tournefort (1701) and on the Tbilisi map composed by Prince Vakhushti (1735). Pillaged in the Persian invasion of 1795, the garden was revived in the early 19th century and officially established as the Tiflis Botanical Garden in 1845.
photo

Narikala

Narikala is an ancient fortress overlooking Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, and the Kura River. The fortress consists of two walled sections on a steep hill between the sulphur baths and the botanical gardens of Tbilisi. On the lower court there is the recently restored St Nicholas church. Newly built in 1996–1997, it replaces the original 13th-century church that was destroyed in a fire. The new church is of "prescribed cross" type, having doors on three sides. The internal part of the church is decorated with the frescos showing scenes both from the Bible and history of Georgia.
photo

Mtatsminda Park

Mtatsminda Park is a famous landscaped park located at the top of Mount Mtatsminda overlooking the Georgian capital Tbilisi. The park has carousels, water slides, a roller-coaster, and a big Ferris Wheel at the edge of the mountain, offering a splendid view over the city.
photo

MTSKHETA-Svetitskhoveli Cathedral

The Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral located in the historic town of Mtskheta, Georgia, to the northwest of the Georgian capital Tbilisi. A masterpiece of the Early Middle Ages, Svetitskhoveli is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. It is currently the second largest church building in Georgia, after the Holy Trinity Cathedral.
photo

Jvari Monastery

Jvari Monastery is a sixth century Georgian Orthodox monastery near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia. Along with other historic structures of Mtskheta, it is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.

Additional Info

  • Duration : 1 Day
  • Person : 1Person
  • Price : $20
  • Location : Tbilisi-Mtckheta, Georgia

Need Help!

For detailed information please contact us:

+995 558 20 50 50

info@georgiancapital.net

Recommend Tour Packages

1 Day Start From $40

Kutaisi

Book Now

1 Day Start From $25

David Gareja

Book Now

1 Day Start From $35

Borjomi / Vardzia / Rabat

Book Now

1 Day Start From $27

Borjomi

Book Now

1 Day Start From $23

Signagi / Bodbe

Book Now

1 Day Start From $23

Gori / Uplistsikhe

Book Now

Contact Information

Samgebro Street 6

+995 558 20 50 50

info@georgiancapital.net

about company

Our company is one of the leading tourism companies in Georgia have proved in the past years a success to provide the finest level of tourist services. We also offer Businessmen services and help to creating investment Opportunities.
  • Email: info@georgiancapital.net
  • Phone: +995 558 20 50 50