Booking for : Kutaisi






Kutaisi

Tour Details

Kutaisi

Kutaisi  is the legislative capital of Georgia, and its 3rd most populous city. Situated 221 kilometres (137 miles) west of Tbilisi, it is the capital of the western region of Imereti.Kutaisi is located along both banks of the Rioni River. The city lies at an elevation of 125–300 metres (410–984 feet) above sea level. To the east and northeast, Kutaisi is bounded by the Northern Imereti Foothills, to the north by the Samgurali Range, and to the west and the south by the Colchis Plain.Kutaisi is surrounded by deciduous forests to the northeast and the northwest. The low-lying outskirts of the city have a largely agricultural landscape. The city centre has many gardens its streets are lined with high, leafy trees. In the springtime, when the snow starts to melt in the nearby mountains, the storming Rioni River in the middle of the city is heard far beyond its banks.

Why you choose this package!

  • Sataplia karst caves
  • Prometheus Cave
  • Bagrati Cathedral
  • Gelati Monastery
  • Motsameta Monastery
  • kutaisi
photo

1 day,Kutaisi

Kutaisi was the capital of the ancient Kingdom of Colchis. Archaeological evidence indicates that the city functioned as the capital of the kingdom of Colchis in the sixth to fifth centuries BC. Several historians believe that, in Argonautica, a Greek epic poem about Jason and the Argonauts and their journey to Colchis, author Apollonius Rhodius considered Kutaisi their final destination as well as the residence of King Aeëtes. From 978 to 1122 CE, Kutaisi was the capital of the united Kingdom of Georgia, and from the 15th century until 1810, it was the capital of the Imeretian Kingdom. In 1508, the city was conquered by Selim I, who was the son of Bayezid II, the sultan of the Ottoman Empire.
photo

Sataplia karst caves

Sataplia karst caves - a karst caves group in western Georgia, in Tskaltubo municipality ( Imereti ). 7 km northwest of Kutaisi . The caves are located in the territory of Sataplia State Nature Reserve . Absolute height of the caves varies from 275 m to 405 m. The Sataplia Cave group is rich in both aesthetically and fauna and floristic species. This area is located in Colchic forest , relic and endemic samples and dinosaur footprints. Sataplia cave is one of the 5 caves used for tourist purposes. Sataplia cave is located on the Sagurauli Sir, 360 meters above sea ​​level . It is produced in substrate mammals. The cave entrance is located on the foothills of the deep. The erosive stages are found in the previous part. At about 100 meters from the entrance is a beautiful "domed hall", and 150 meters "cemetery cemetery". The cave also has branches. The total length of Sataplia cave is about 900 meters . The height is 10 meters, and the width is equal to 14-15 meters. There is also a water trick that draws attention from the dark thigh that is at the entrance. This is a natural hole from where Peter Chabukian first entered the cave . The cave is a forest of stalactites and stalagmites . In the center of the hall there is a large size mosaic stalagmite and active stalactite , where the flow of water flows. Stalactites and stalagmites are in some places and create large columns that leave stalactites in the staircase and walls with the impression of fabulous buildings.
photo

Prometheus Cave

Khumistavi Cave ( Galiani Cave , Prometheus Cave ) - Kartveli cave in western Georgia, in Tskaltubo municipality . It is located in the Kvilivari and near Kummya, at the river Basin, at 100m above sea level . 240 km away from Tbilisi and 40 km from Kutaisi city . It is produced in sub-leaf limestone. Is a horizontally closed cave. The height of the entrance is 3,5-4 m, width 7 m. The Siphon Lake is located on the 60th meter from the main entrance, which runs through the river of the river. There are stalactites found in the cave, calcium basins, destructive formation and organogenic shells. A thick layer of Guano . Hawa is dynamic. The air movement is sharp. Closely linked to surface funnels. At the end of the tunnel is Siphon, whose depth is 2m, and the temperature reaches 15 ° C ( 1959 ). There are woolen sources that are associated with cave flows. There are numerous colonies in the hall near Siphon. There are various types of worms in Guano. The cave flows are used by the population. There is a plan, cuts. The cave is easy to walk. The length of the tourist route is 1060 m. There are 16 halls that are distinguishable from each other in the form of fossils and fossil firms. It is rich in various forms, including stalactites, stalagmites, helicopters, curtains, fountains of waterfalls, cave pearls, pickles, underground rivers, underground lakes and more. It's a good tourist destination. The cave is well-arranged; There are hiking trails, artificial lighting, laser show, different views and therapeutic for people suffering from asthma . The new halls of the Kumistavi Cave were discovered by the Speleological Expedition of Vakhushti Bagrationi Institute of Geography at the Georgian Academy of Sciences on 15 July 1984 . Mikheil Saakashvili prompted the turning of the Kummyta cave into a tourist object in 2010 , and in 2011 the cave was opened for visitors.
photo

Bagrati Cathedral

The Cathedral of the Dormition, or the Kutaisi Cathedral, more commonly known as Bagrati Cathedral is an 11th-century cathedral in the city of Kutaisi, in the Imereti region of Georgia. A masterpiece of the medieval Georgian architecture, the cathedral suffered heavy damage throughout centuries and was reconstructed to its present state through a gradual process starting in the 1950s, with major conservation works concluding in 2012. A distinct landmark in the scenery of central Kutaisi, the cathedral rests on the Ukimerioni Hill.Bagrati Cathedral was built in the early years of the 11th century, during the reign of King Bagrat III, due to which it was called "Bagrati", i.e., Bagrat’s cathedral. An inscription on the north wall reveals that the floor was laid in "chronicon 223", i.e., 1003. In 1692, it was devastated in an explosion by Ottoman troops who had invaded the Kingdom of Imereti. The incident caused the cupola and ceiling to collapse. Conservation and restoration works, as well as archaeological studies at the Cathedral began in the 1950s under the leadership of a Georgian architect Vakhtang Tsintsadze. The restoration works headed by Tsintsadze were divided into six stages and continued for several decades through 1994. That same year in 1994 Bagrati Cathedral, together with the Gelati Monastery, was included in UNESCO's World Heritage Site list as a single entity. In 2001, ownership of the cathedral was transferred from the Georgian state to the Georgian Orthodox Church. It is presently of limited use for religious services, but attracts many pilgrims and tourists. It is also frequently used as a symbol of the city of Kutaisi, being one of its main tourist attractions.
photo

Gelati Monastery

Gelati is a medieval monastic complex near Kutaisi, in the Imereti region of western Georgia. A masterpiece of the Georgian Golden Age, Gelati was founded in 1106 by King David IV of Georgia and is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Historically, Gelati was one of the main cultural and intellectual centers in Georgia. It had an Academy which employed some of the most celebrated Georgian scientists, theologians and philosophers, many of whom had previously been active at various orthodox monasteries abroad, such as the Mangana Monastery in Constantinople. Among the religious authors were celebrated scholars as Ioane Petritsi and Arsen Ikaltoeli. Due to the extensive work carried out by the Gelati Academy, people of the time called it "a new Hellas" and "a second Athos". The Gelati Monastery has preserved a great number of murals and manuscripts dating back to the 12th to 17th centuries. The Khakhuli triptych was enshrined at Gelati until being stolen in 1859. Gelati is the burial site of its founder and one of the greatest Georgian kings David IV. Near King David's grave are the gates of Ganja, which were taken as a trophy by King Demetrius I of Georgia in 1138.
photo

Motsameta Monastery

Motsameta - monastic ensemble near Tkibuli municipality near Motsameta village. Located near the Gelati Monastery , in the valley of Tskaltsitela . It is built as a permanent residence of Saint David and Konstantine Mkheidze . They were Ardate's eruptions, who fought against the smallest army of the Arab invaders in the VIII century, despite their great resistance, unable to stop the countless enemies and defeated. The Arab commander, Murvan Kruum , demanded to deny the belief of Christ to deny the faith of Christ, which was firmly rejected. The angry murderer caused great suffering to the brothers, but their terrible torture was brazen and they were wounded by the martyrs. The remains of David and Constantine are kept in this church. Every year there is a public holiday martyrs in the monastery.

Additional Info

  • Duration : 1 Day
  • Person : 1 Person
  • Price : $40
  • Location : kutaisi

Need Help!

For detailed information please contact us:

+995 558 20 50 50

info@georgiancapital.net

Recommend Tour Packages

1 Day Start From $25

David Gareja

Book Now

1 Day Start From $35

Borjomi / Vardzia / Rabat

Book Now

1 Day Start From $27

Borjomi

Book Now

1 Day Start From $23

Signagi / Bodbe

Book Now

1 Day Start From $23

Gori / Uplistsikhe

Book Now

Contact Information

Samgebro Street 6

+995 558 20 50 50

info@georgiancapital.net

about company

Our company is one of the leading tourism companies in Georgia have proved in the past years a success to provide the finest level of tourist services. We also offer Businessmen services and help to creating investment Opportunities.
  • Email: info@georgiancapital.net
  • Phone: +995 558 20 50 50